The Climate Week Awards
The search has been on for the UK’s most innovative, effective, and ambitious organisations, communities and individuals to showcase their outstanding efforts to combat climate change.
The Climate Week Awards recognise the most inspirational and impressive actions taking place in every sector of society. They showcase projects and initiatives all across Britain – from government departments to community allotments, from large businesses to local faith groups, and are judged by an eminent panel.
Nominations have now closed and the winners for each category will be announced on Monday 4th March.
The Climate Week Awards 2013 judging panel
- Tom Berry, Head of Sustainability, EMEA, Kimberley-Clark, for Andrex Eco
- The Rt Revd and Rt Hon Richard Chartres, Bishop of London
- The Rt Hon John Gummer, Lord Deben, Chair of the Committee on Climate Change
- Rachel Demaine, Sustainability Technology Officer, Crown Paints
- Professor Paul Ekins, Professor of Energy and Environment Policy, UCL Energy Institute
- Tony Juniper, Special Adviser to the Prince of Wales Charities’ International Sustainability Unit
- Mary Robinson, Former President of Ireland and UN Commissioner for Human Rights
- Professor Julia Slingo, Chief Scientist, Met Office
- Daniel Shields, Strategic Business Development Director, Shields Environmental
- Kevin Steele, Chief Executive, Climate Week
- Dale Vince, Founder and MD, Ecotricity
The Climate Week Awards 2013 categories
- Best Educational Initiative
- Best Artistic Response
- Best Technological Breakthrough
- Best Product
- Best Initiative by a Government or Statutory Body
- Best initiative by a Public or Uniformed Service
- Best Local Initiative
- Best Campaign
- Best Community Initiative
- Best initiative by a Small or Medium-Sized Business
- Best initiative by a Large Business
- Best Climate Ready Initiative
- Most Inspirational Young Person
- Most Inspirational Leader
Find more information on each of the categories here.